General Care Discussion :: Whats the Size of your male res? :)

Taking care of your turtle's overall health.

Post Posted: Fri May 17, 2013 7:07 am   Re: Whats the Size of your male res? :)

Thank you.. we tell him that all the time too = : >

He does live alone, yes in a 40 gallon for now until we are able to get the final set up of a 75 to 100 gallon next year.
User avatar
Into_the_Mystic
 
Posts: 423
Joined: Mar 19, 2012
Gender: Female

Post Posted: Fri May 17, 2013 7:56 am   Re: Whats the Size of your male res? :)

what a gorgeous turtle!!!

I got a hatchling in September of 2012, so it's been about 8 months and one of them is the exact same size as when I got him... Probably not normal! I do one pellet every day and lettuce every other day.
2 RES: Captain Spaulding & Otis Driftwood
1 YBS: Princess Baby Firefly
1 Kitten: Tiny
proud turtle & kitty mommy :)
User avatar
Supcwall
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Mar 18, 2013
Gender: Female

Post Posted: Sat May 18, 2013 4:15 pm   Re: Whats the Size of your male res? :)

one pellet a day seem quite low, I'd give a amount that is the size of his head if it were hollow, once a day for a hatchling, unless you are trying to get him to eat greens. You can offer lettuce everyday.
http://www.photobucket.com/Toku
Toku's build thread, click link below;
http://www.redearslider.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=34068
2 Male Rio Grande RES
1 Spiny Softshell

"Live Life"
User avatar
slider_keeper
 
Posts: 1342
Joined: Mar 7, 2010
Location: Arizona
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Mon May 20, 2013 11:01 am   Re: Whats the Size of your male res? :)

Supcwall wrote:what a gorgeous turtle!!!

I got a hatchling in September of 2012, so it's been about 8 months and one of them is the exact same size as when I got him... Probably not normal! I do one pellet every day and lettuce every other day.


Thank you :)

I was afraid some would say his shell looked bad or looked over fed.. I worry about that and try to not over feed him, and thought maybe I have been. He sure gets a lot more than 6 sticks every-other-day, but its a mix of sticks with little pellets that amount to the size of his head. About the ratio of a nickle/quarter in amount. He does get lettuce, mustard greens, carrots, some cucumber occasionally as well as blueberries once every so often too. Cuttlebone every 2 to 3 days.
User avatar
Into_the_Mystic
 
Posts: 423
Joined: Mar 19, 2012
Gender: Female

Previous

Return to General Care Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 276 guests