General Care Discussion :: New 70-gallon tank. Filter type/Brand?

Taking care of your turtle's overall health.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:24 pm   New 70-gallon tank. Filter type/Brand?

Hi all!
Im new to this forum. I just bought a new 70-gallon tank for my 2 RES, One female and one male. I don't what type of filter system i should get or the brand any ideas. I was thinking between a canister or a internal filter.
uoffgators3
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Feb 4, 2013
Location: Arlington Heights, il
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:41 pm   Re: New 70-gallon tank. Filter type/Brand?

I use a Fluval FX5 for my 80 gallon and would highly recommend it. I can go for at least a month without taking it apart to clean.
adbritta
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Jan 8, 2013

Post Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:24 pm   Re: New 70-gallon tank. Filter type/Brand?

Yeah, Fx5 is the recommended filter for larger aquariums with multiple turtles.
2 Res: Athena & Zelda
User avatar
CactusJohn5
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Dec 15, 2011
Gender: Male


Return to General Care Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 210 guests