Page 1 of 1
cuttlebone

Posted:
Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:30 pm
by sublime1008
how much cuttlebone should be placed in the tank? AKA, should "some" cuttlebone be in the tank 24/7? Or alternate weeks like you alternate feedings?
thanks!

Posted:
Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:33 pm
by Az^FolkSinger
Me personnel I break off a chunk about inch or so and then just put it in and let it float, Tortuga nibbles on it as he wants and I replace when it is gone.
I leave mine in 24/7.

Posted:
Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:57 pm
by jenaero
same here but I use half a bone at a time.

Posted:
Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:36 pm
by mikedpirone
i cut mine into about 6 even sized pieces and throw 2 in at a time....when they are gone i throw 2 more in.

Posted:
Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:52 pm
by marisa
I always deep some head-size pieces floating in the tank. My turts don't eat them all at once so I replace as needed.