Page 1 of 1

I don't know what's wrong with my RES

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:50 am
by navywife21
This morning, I woke up to find one of my res floating in the water, immobile, under the waterfall my filter provides. I took her out, and all four limbs are out of her shell, and her eyes were shut. I thought she was dead, but every few minutes she will open her eyes and lift her head and open her mouth. I don't see anything lodged in her throat. I have her dry docked at the moment. I can't get her to eat, and she's completely limp.

Re: I don't know what's wrong with my RES

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:46 pm
by Love of Animals
Sounds like she came very close to drowning. A trip to the vet is needed. In the mean time keep her warm.

Re: I don't know what's wrong with my RES

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:00 pm
by Peva
That's terrifying. For now, make sure she is warm, and don't force her to eat. You need to bring her to the vet as soon as you can.

Re: I don't know what's wrong with my RES

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:03 pm
by navywife21
As soon as my husband gets home with my car I am going to a vet..... Is there anything I can do in the meantime? Other than keep her warm?

Re: I don't know what's wrong with my RES

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:05 pm
by steve
Just try to keep things quiet and stress free. Dry docking is the right thing to do, I hope your vet can give you some answers.