Page 1 of 1

Nematodes Or Planaria? HELP

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:29 pm
by gdesigner
OK I have established that I have either Nematodes Or Planaria. How do I get rid of these things, they make me feel dirty just looking at them. Can they live on my skin, out of water, or transfer from my turtles shell onto me. I have no substrate and only one small statue in my tank.


If you look you can see those little white squiggles, thats them. :(

Image

Re: Nematodes Or Planaria? HELP

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:19 pm
by kittyclover
Aquarium salt and cleaning the tank really well to starve them to death. They need a food source like the left over food bits from the turtle, maybe try feeding the turtle outside the tank in a bucket or something until they disappear.

Oh also apple snails eat them too but not sure how long they would last without being eaten by the turtle.

Re: Nematodes Or Planaria? HELP

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:29 am
by vear
Oh man, I'm at work right now so I can't see the pictures. Do you have a magnifying lens? You'd def. be able to tell them apart then. I'll check your post when I get home so I can see the pic.

Re: Nematodes Or Planaria? HELP

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:39 pm
by marisa
Try cleaning the tank and its objects well with fairly warm (not boiling) water.