Page 1 of 1
Need new home for turtle IMMEDIATELY!

Posted:
Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:56 am
by Krzyspam
I have two turtles who have lived together happily for 6 years. Today, they began fighting. When I walked into the room, Stitch had latched on to Lilo's neck. From everything I've read on this site, the fighting will only get worse. I don't have the money or the space for a second aquarium setup. I'm heartbroken, but to save Stitch's life, I need to find him a new home ASAP. I need someone who is responsible, follows this sites instructions, and will give him a proper home (with no other turtles in his tank). I live in the Denver area and would be willing to drive to CO Springs or Ft. Collins if necessary. Can someone please save my turtle??
(I realize some of you may not find this to be an urgent topic, but it is to me. I need someone to save my turtle's life)

Posted:
Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:00 am
by chrisinva
I think it's very urgent
Best of luck

Posted:
Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:00 am
by Krzyspam
Also forgot to mention...the turtle I am trying to relocate is a small male Eastern Painted turtle. (about 4 or 5 inches) He is a little deformed. He has a stump for a back leg and a deformed front leg. This does not keep him from swimming or climbing like crazy! He's very happy and loves when people look at him. He has never been allowed to crawl around outside or in the house, and if I had my choice, I'd hope it stayed that way. He's a very happy guy living in his tank. He has been taken care of very well and I need to be sure that whoever takes him will continue to look after him in the same manner.

Posted:
Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:43 am
by TheComputerGremlin
You can try posting on Craigslist or PetFinder and see if you can find someone locally who is wanting your turtle. Also check with family and friends, even local universities or schools.
For the moment, until you can rehouse Stitch, he needs to find new quarters. You can buy a large rubbermaid container for the time being.

Posted:
Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:19 pm
by untsmurf
You can also look for a shelter if nobody is able to take the little guy. If the tank you have right now is decent sized, you can divide it. The rubber maid tub will work as well. You can get a pretty big one for only 15-20 bucks.

Posted:
Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:18 pm
by steve
Have you tried
http://coloradoherpetologicalsociety.org/ ?
Also, consider a relative or friend acquiring your turtle. Showing them the basics and helping them set it up can make it less intimidating and more interesting.