White Spots On Shell
Hello,
I have two turtles in a 10 gallon tank. It's usually filled up half way with water so about 5 gallons of water in the tank. Both turtles are about a year old and two inches in size. Both seem very happy and active but one has white spots on his shell. It started out as one spot and now covers exactly half of the shell. The condition has persisted for over three months now and does not appear to be getting any better. I have shell conditioner which I got at the pet store. I use it once a week on their shell but it does not appear to help. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.
I've included pictures and other info below:
How big is your turtle? 2 inches
How long have you had it? one year
What is the water temperature? 78 degrees
Did you use a thermometer? yes
Are you using a water heater? yes
How much water is in there? 5 gallons
Are you using a water conditioner? No
Are you using any filtration? Yes
What is the basking temperature? not sure
Is there a basking light? Yes
Is there a basking platform that is easy to climb on? Yes
What kind is it or what is it made out of? Halogen
Is there a UVB light? Not sure
What have you been trying to feed it? Pellets
When was the last time your turtle ate? Today
How big is the tank/pond/enclosure? 10 gallon
Is the tank near a window? No
Is the tank in a room with a lot of activity? Yes
Have you read the Basic Care section? Yes
Have you searched the forums for similar situations? No
Is there any other unusual activity/symptoms? No

I have two turtles in a 10 gallon tank. It's usually filled up half way with water so about 5 gallons of water in the tank. Both turtles are about a year old and two inches in size. Both seem very happy and active but one has white spots on his shell. It started out as one spot and now covers exactly half of the shell. The condition has persisted for over three months now and does not appear to be getting any better. I have shell conditioner which I got at the pet store. I use it once a week on their shell but it does not appear to help. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.
I've included pictures and other info below:
How big is your turtle? 2 inches
How long have you had it? one year
What is the water temperature? 78 degrees
Did you use a thermometer? yes
Are you using a water heater? yes
How much water is in there? 5 gallons
Are you using a water conditioner? No
Are you using any filtration? Yes
What is the basking temperature? not sure
Is there a basking light? Yes
Is there a basking platform that is easy to climb on? Yes
What kind is it or what is it made out of? Halogen
Is there a UVB light? Not sure
What have you been trying to feed it? Pellets
When was the last time your turtle ate? Today
How big is the tank/pond/enclosure? 10 gallon
Is the tank near a window? No
Is the tank in a room with a lot of activity? Yes
Have you read the Basic Care section? Yes
Have you searched the forums for similar situations? No
Is there any other unusual activity/symptoms? No

