Page 1 of 1

weird sounds??

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:44 pm
by lucky26
I was sitting by sarge last night and he made the strangest noise .
It was like a mix of a little burp and a fart or something i have never heard anything like it and now that i heard it I've been watching him and he does it a good bit ? He opens his mouth and makes that sound ?????
Is this a RI or a burp or what ??

I don't get it I just took him to the vet and she said that he was healthy and that we were lucky cause of the conditions he came from he could have been real sick but again she said he was healthy?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:41 pm
by turtlefreak
Sounds like an RI :(
What's the water temp?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:57 pm
by marisa
Does he make the sound when he's basking? If so, does it sound like a clicking sound?

Was he exposed to any cool breezes or chillled at any time on the way to or returning from the vets? If he was in poor conditions before and perhaps has a weakened immune system, it wouldn't take much for him to catch something...

That said, he has no other symptoms and is still eating well? If you think he may be coming down with something, you might up the water temp a few degrees (water 80-81F and make sure the basking area is 90-91F) for a few days just in case. See if that helps.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:58 pm
by lucky26
The water temp is 78% and he dose eat like a horse and is very active.Guess I'd better call the vet.