Urgent Care :: Pry his mouth open?

This is not a substitute for qualified and relevant veterinarian care.
Read this before you post a new topic here.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:19 pm   

I did. The others were checked also and they're doing great. I'll be bringing the 4 of them back tomorrow and hanging on to this little guy until I know what's going to happen. It looks as though he's back to how he was now, taking a turn for the worse. I just hope whatever happens, happens quickly. I hate seeing animals suffer and knowing there's nothing more I can do, besides what's already being done.
The things that come to those who wait may be the things that were left by those who got there first - Steven Tyler
User avatar
jenaero
Moderator
 
Posts: 3606
Joined: Apr 11, 2005
Location: Thorold, Ontario, Canada

Post Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:26 pm   

Here's hoping he makes it. The other four--will they be in better conditions than where you found them?
"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." -Antoine de Saint Exupery-
marisa
Retired Mod
 
Posts: 12993
Joined: Apr 21, 2005
Location: CT, USA

Post Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:30 pm   

it's not that the conditions were bad. They had proper filtration, heat, lighting and a lot of space. This one, the vet said, was probably hatched and shipped under really poor conditions, and fed crap before he got there. I've spoken to one of the girls at the store and told her i'd be bringing them in, but their diet has to change so I'll be talking to whoever feeds them.

I'm sitting here watching him now and he keeps giving me hope. He'll open his eyes and raise his head but then he just plunks it down again *sigh*
The things that come to those who wait may be the things that were left by those who got there first - Steven Tyler
User avatar
jenaero
Moderator
 
Posts: 3606
Joined: Apr 11, 2005
Location: Thorold, Ontario, Canada

Post Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:59 pm   

hey, my turtle is a hatchling and i got him on saturday. he hasnt eaten yet and he looks very weak, so i keep him in a seperate tank from my other two red ear sliders. i was just wondering how much it would cost to take him to the vet because i think he might be sick
gwenzilla
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sep 13, 2005
Location: hayward, CA

Post Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:50 am   

Gwen, make a separate post about this and it will get more attention. Personally, I think cost should be the last thing on our minds when our pets are ill. Get him there no matter what the price.
The things that come to those who wait may be the things that were left by those who got there first - Steven Tyler
User avatar
jenaero
Moderator
 
Posts: 3606
Joined: Apr 11, 2005
Location: Thorold, Ontario, Canada

Post Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:48 pm   

for real.
From the homegrowers soul, straight to his lungs. That's the method that I myself find fun. Start from seed and then you'll see, just how fun homegrowing can be.
User avatar
da sAUCE!
 
Posts: 176
Joined: Apr 12, 2005
Location: Cypress, Texas

Post Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:06 pm   

All the best for that little one...Don't lose hope...
ZMLC
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Oct 17, 2005
Location: New York

Post Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:20 am   

I thought I had updated this but I guess not. He died that night after seeing the vet.
The things that come to those who wait may be the things that were left by those who got there first - Steven Tyler
User avatar
jenaero
Moderator
 
Posts: 3606
Joined: Apr 11, 2005
Location: Thorold, Ontario, Canada

Post Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:56 pm   

i'm sorry :cry: but i know it was better for you and your turt that he passed quickly. and it sou7nds like you did everything you could.
"I got eighteen dollars, Dude"
User avatar
yosmartpants
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Sep 23, 2005
Location: Soquel, CA

Post Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:45 pm   

yeah. He had a sort of seizure and then went limp so it was sad, but quick.
The things that come to those who wait may be the things that were left by those who got there first - Steven Tyler
User avatar
jenaero
Moderator
 
Posts: 3606
Joined: Apr 11, 2005
Location: Thorold, Ontario, Canada

Post Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:30 pm   

I'm very sorry to hear that.
Dennise
ZMLC
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Oct 17, 2005
Location: New York

Post Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:17 pm   

I'm sorry too.... my heart goes out to you and you lil turt.
User avatar
Ladywillowmoon
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Apr 12, 2005
Location: Fort Wayne, INDIANA

Previous

Return to Urgent Care

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 70 guests