Page 1 of 1
Hello from California

Posted:
Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:13 pm
by Jackiram487
Hello everyone,
Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I have a 15 year old RES and just two new babies. I feel like I'm a new mom and forgot how to raise them. I just have a few questions, I feel like I'm a little over protective but I don't want them to die. I picked up my first little guy from a seller in Vinice and felt bad for the little guy in a small tank with a plastic palm tree. So I bought him. He was super small I placed him in a awesome new tank. Then my BF said we should get him a friend so I went to my local fish store and got another. So thats it haha I'll be posting some questions soon! Thank you!

Re: Hello from California

Posted:
Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:09 pm
by unclejoe
Welcome to the group.. Would love to see some pictures of your babies..

Re: Hello from California

Posted:
Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:12 pm
by steve
Welcome to the site! A few things have changed over the years in turtle care, so we'll be glad to guide you anyway we can. Are your turtles kept indoors? Be aware that most mature male RES do not get along with other RES and need to be separated.
Re: Hello from California

Posted:
Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:52 pm
by Kansasslider
Welcome!
Re: Hello from California

Posted:
Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:20 am
by Jackiram487
Thanks guys! I know a lot has changed! Im using my phone and won't let me put pics in. I'll try later with the computer to post pics. There names are Pancho and Lala.
Re: Hello from California

Posted:
Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:00 am
by steve
If you're still having problems uploading, shoot them over to me and I will post them for you.
Re: Hello from California

Posted:
Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:39 pm
by Jackiram487
These are my 2 babies Pancho and Lala. Now...still not sure if i have a boy or girl but just made them a couple. lol Also, my old lady Turdie (i named her when i was 6).

- Turdie -resized.jpg (20.47 KiB) Viewed 8467 times

- Pancho Lala- resized.jpg (19.86 KiB) Viewed 8467 times
Re: Hello from California

Posted:
Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:02 pm
by Kansasslider
Oh yes, That takes me back! Too cute!
Re: Hello from California

Posted:
Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:10 pm
by unclejoe
I love Turdie very pretty.. The babies are sooo cute.. Is it just me or do they have different tone green shells?? Or is it just the lighting?? Either way they are adorable..

Re: Hello from California

Posted:
Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:40 am
by Jackiram487
Yes Unculejoe! Idk why he's a completely different shade of green? That is the turtle I picked up at Venice Beach. I thought he was malnourished but he's seems ok now. Eating and very active, loves to sun bath. He's just unique!

Re: Hello from California

Posted:
Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:07 am
by unclejoe
I think its so cool to have two different shades gives them even more individuality.. Who is the Ligther one and who is the darker one?