Page 1 of 1

Hello from Maryland!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:27 pm
by Turtle Babii
I just got 2 baby RES. Their names are Bubbles and Blubbli. I have a 10 gallon tank, but I don't know if it's big enough. I'm new and a beginner, so I will need a lot of help. Sorry if I bother you, and I'll try my hardest to research on my own!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:53 pm
by marisa
Welcome. :) It would be good if you started reading some of the information on the site. Then if you have specific questions, people will be happy to try to answer them.

A 10-gallon tank is really ok for one very small turtle. Two should be in at least a 20-gallon tank. What other equipement do you have in the tank?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:57 pm
by Turtle Babii
In the tank I have a heater, and a medium-sized platform. The filter is outside of the tank and there are tubes that are inside of it. Thank you for the reply!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:09 pm
by sarah
Hey Turtle Babii, Welcome to the forum.
My name is Sarah.
I'd say I'd help you in anyway I can but I don't know much :p

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:44 pm
by missibsu
Welcome to the forum! Like Marisa said, read through the posts and the main site. I know when I was new, I was overwhelmed, so don't hesitate to ask when you don't understand something. There is such a wealth of information here that it won't take long for you to get an excellent set up going.

A word to the wise, since you already know that your tank is too small, before you upgrade, think about growth in the future. Don't go buy a 20 gallon, unless you can't afford something more, because that won't last very long. Go as big as you can now and it will save you money in the long run!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:50 pm
by TNTurtles
Hey i lived in MD for 19 yrs then just moved to tennessee. Where in MD are you from and where did you find your turts, i could never find any!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:54 pm
by Turtle Babii
im from elkridge, maryland. i found my turts @ a pet store, petsmart.. they were the only ones there and i just fell in love with them <33

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:37 am
by ellman605
Turtle Babii wrote:im from elkridge, maryland. i found my turts @ a pet store, petsmart.. they were the only ones there and i just fell in love with them <33


Really? Thats where i am right now :o ....maybe i know you

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:58 pm
by Turtle Babii
really?? wow!!! mayb we DO kno eech other,, lol