Page 1 of 1

Red Ear Slider in New Delhi, India

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:30 am
by adyscorpius
Hi everyone..

I've recently acquired a Red Ear Slider hatchling in New Delhi. I've named him Noddy, and he's growing well.

I've managed to get the right setup as per forums, including a UVB lamp (toughest to get in India), three stage HOB filter, basking platform, basking lights etc.
Hope to make some friends around here so we can pool our efforts and care for our reptile pets..

Here's a link to his blog.. http://noddytheturtle.wordpress.com

Hope you guys like it!

Re: Red Ear Slider in New Delhi, India

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:55 pm
by steve
Welcome to the forum! Very nice turtle, I enjoyed looking at your blog. You will eventually want to change out the gravel into something smaller like sand, larger (bigger than his head) like river rock or a bare bottom.

Re: Red Ear Slider in New Delhi, India

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:03 am
by adyscorpius
Hey, thanks alot!

Yes, I've ordered some sand (white and blue). I saw it in a friend's aquarium and it looked amazing. Hopefully the upgrades will be in soon..

Re: Red Ear Slider in New Delhi, India

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:19 am
by steve
Great, post pics when you have them :)

Re: Red Ear Slider in New Delhi, India

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:50 am
by badturtlebadturtle
Hey adyscorpius, could you let me know where you got your UVB from, what company it is, and at what price you got it? I live in Mumbai, and my vet warned me that bulbs available here may not have adequate UVB output. She told me to either get one from a reputed company or buy something that measures UVB output properly. Kinda confused here...
(Sorry, cannot pm you as I'm a new member)

Re: Red Ear Slider in New Delhi, India

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 10:06 am
by steve
Arcadia is an international brand that you might want to look for. You should be able to PM, there are no restrictions for new members.