Page 1 of 1

Diamondbacks4Life=Painteds4Life

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:03 pm
by Diamondbacks4Life
Just wanted to let you guys know steve changed my name for me to Diamondbacks4life from Painteds4life. I will always have a painted turtle but my real turtle passion has always been diamondbacks. Diamondbacks were always what I wanted but I couldnt afford them but im older and have the money so I went out and got some and am loving it! Its gonna take some getting used to on the name change even for myself but I thought it needed to be done.

Diamondbacks Rule!
Image

Re: Diamondbacks4Life=Painteds4Life

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:52 pm
by Spike 7.62
They are in my area in the hundreds, very beautiful turtles. I like the new name, if I had the money for a salt water setup, I'd have a DBT myself.

-Spike

Re: Diamondbacks4Life=Painteds4Life

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:16 pm
by Diamondbacks4Life
Spike 7.62 wrote:They are in my area in the hundreds, very beautiful turtles. I like the new name, if I had the money for a salt water setup, I'd have a DBT myself.

-Spike


You do know captive breed diamondbacks are usually raised in freshwater and can stay in freshwater all their lives? I woudnt get any dbts from around your area from anyone though because they probably are wc. Wc caught do poor in captivaty brackish or freshwater so unless they could prove to you they are freshwater raised dont get any.

Re: Diamondbacks4Life=Painteds4Life

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:04 pm
by jozzep
Diamondbacks4Life wrote:
Spike 7.62 wrote:They are in my area in the hundreds, very beautiful turtles. I like the new name, if I had the money for a salt water setup, I'd have a DBT myself.

-Spike


You do know captive breed diamondbacks are usually raised in freshwater and can stay in freshwater all their lives? I woudnt get any dbts from around your area from anyone though because they probably are wc. Wc caught do poor in captivaty brackish or freshwater so unless they could prove to you they are freshwater raised dont get any.


Compliments on the name change....
No offense but the adults you purchased are "most likely" wild caught.
The best way to tell is whether they eat pellets or not.
If they do, well then they are captive raised, cause wild caught will never eat a pellet in most cases.

Re: Diamondbacks4Life=Painteds4Life

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:13 pm
by Diamondbacks4Life
jozzep wrote:Compliments on the name change....
No offense but the adults you purchased are "most likely" wild caught.
The best way to tell is whether they eat pellets or not.
If they do, well then they are captive raised, cause wild caught will never eat a pellet in most cases.


For some reason I think they might be wc now. Idk if it was before or after I hand fed them :wink:

Image
Image
All the dbts I just bought have all taken pellets so im pretty sure they are all cb.

Re: Diamondbacks4Life=Painteds4Life

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:13 am
by rsour24
it needed to be done