Introduction
Well good morning fellow RES owners. My name is Tammy and I have recently acquired 2 RES hatchlings. I had been kicking around the idea of getting one for my little boy and I for a while and have been stashing away what I could for a proper setup BEFORE I got a turtle. I was surprised one day by my father in law (who was extremely proud of himself) coming home from a business trip with a “Lagoon” and 2 baby Red Ear Sliders. I had to quickly dig out my old fish tank (sadly it is only a 10 gallon). I do know it is not adequate for them. As I said I was saving up for a setup, but once my bonus comes through I will have to bump up my plans for a set up and push back other plans lol.
My son has named them Scooby and Shaggy. And I can safely say that both my son and I are absolutely in love. We have had them for a week now and they are soo much fun to watch.
We were told that they guy that sold them to my FIL said to feed them once every 4 days. That seemed a bit long, so I have put a little food in there every 2 and I do have Romaine lettuce in there (changed out every day). The wont eat it yet, in fact Scooby seems to think it is a bed?? Lol.
I won’t make this too much longer but I did want to say hello, I have been lurking for several days.
I will close with a few pictures here. I will post pics of their “turtle house” when I can get some tonight.
This is Scooby
And this is Shaggy

My son has named them Scooby and Shaggy. And I can safely say that both my son and I are absolutely in love. We have had them for a week now and they are soo much fun to watch.
We were told that they guy that sold them to my FIL said to feed them once every 4 days. That seemed a bit long, so I have put a little food in there every 2 and I do have Romaine lettuce in there (changed out every day). The wont eat it yet, in fact Scooby seems to think it is a bed?? Lol.
I won’t make this too much longer but I did want to say hello, I have been lurking for several days.
I will close with a few pictures here. I will post pics of their “turtle house” when I can get some tonight.
This is Scooby
And this is Shaggy
