Page 1 of 1

I'm new here

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:04 am
by gammeragirl
I've just joined this forum, I think this forum has the best information, and it sure seems like RES people are special. I have one 1 year old female RES, I call her "Turtle", I'm trying to think of a suitable name for her personality. I enjoy the postings, and get a kick out of some of the humor. I've noticed most people have more than one turtle. My turtle is very healthy, and seems happy, but would it be better for her to have a companion turtle? Any comments would greatly be appreciated. Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:21 am
by steve
Hello! RES do well alone, and having another doesn't seem like a bad idea at the time. However, they may have to be separated if they don't get along. Two males may fight, males will harass females, and females need nesting areas. So if you have room for another setup and are prepared to seperate them if necessary, then you can safely do it.

Do you have any pictures? :)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:35 am
by gammeragirl
Thanks for the info, I have to upload some pix to share. I would like to take a picture of her eating out of my hand, she gets really voracious and begs. I have to be careful of my fingers...
I love taking care of her. I'm starting that "empty nest syndrome", my son is off to college, and my daughter will soon follow....

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:49 am
by cam722
As one with more than one turtle, I can tell you mine were an impulse buy. I recently gave one of my three to my daughter because of the expense and upkeep of there was a bit overwhelming. If for whatever reason I'd have had to seperate all the of them I'd have ended up with like 3 100 gallon tanks.. Oh My :) Just something to think about..

I went through empty nest a few years back and thought I was going to go crazy.. but it didn't take me long to adjust lol

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:49 am
by pretty.rock.machine
Hello, nice to meetcha. I'm surprised that my parents haven't started having that problem. My sister went to college last year and I'm going this year. I think they can't wait till I'm out of the house too... :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:47 pm
by TexasJagsFan
Welcome!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:56 pm
by TrooperRES
welcome welcome