Page 1 of 1

Hello from New Jersey

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:23 pm
by phil519
Well I have a pair of RES - one was "rescued" from Chinatown in Manhattan and the other was purchased from a local pet store on the upper west side.

The larger female is about 8 inches in length. She was the one I had since she was the size of a quarter in 1988.

The male is about 6 inches in length. I can't recall exactly but I do believe I had him in 1986.

I never realized there was a forum for turtles - so I'm looking forward to learning more about caring for my two properly. It's not easy with the job, the new house and my girls at home.

Anyways - I'm going to lurk for a bit and try and soak up whatever info I can.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:30 pm
by SpotsMama
Greetings Phil and welcome to the forum! It's always wonderful when someone joins with mature turtles. It's an indication they've been well cared for over the years. This is a great place for sharing experiences and stories and learning from one another.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:22 pm
by turboturtle8
Hello and welcome to the fourm!! :D

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:24 pm
by Safdar
Hey! Welcome

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:26 pm
by ~Kaboyi
Nice to meet you. I'm from NJ, too, and Olive was also "rescued" from Chinatown

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:42 pm
by Turtlelover123
Welcome! I'm sure you'll be able to find alot of great info here! :)