Hi! Introduce yourselves here. :: what did you name your turtle?

Drop a post to say hi. Please ask care questions in the forums below.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:10 pm   

Socrates
maelunoc
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Apr 21, 2008

Post Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:46 pm   

I am loving all the names in this thread! My RES is Sheldon, for obvious reason of having a shell, and also one my fave movies is the original "In Laws" with Peter Falk and Alan Arkin - - "Serpentine, Shel, Serpentine!" I am probably aging myself with that reference!!

I also have a cat named "Elephant" (he's gray, my niece named him when she was in a very "concrete" phaSe - she had a RES named "Green Apple")

and 3 dogs, Peetie, Copper and Henry
Reel Girl
 
Posts: 195
Joined: Apr 6, 2008
Location: San Diego, CA - USA

Post Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:49 am   

I'm new too.
I have a male RES named Sisqo... lets just say there was a very popular song in 1999 when I got him by Sisqo the musician...
Now that I'm a bit older, I kinda wish I hadn't named him that.
It fits him though. *shrugs*
Swaypippin
 
Posts: 264
Joined: Apr 27, 2008
Location: Tennessee

Post Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:24 pm   

Hi swaypippin, we're new too! Welcome to the greatest site for RES parents!
grandmadoes
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Apr 18, 2008
Location: canton, georgia

Post Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:27 pm   

My turtle's name is Sylar. He was an X-mas gift from a friend. When he gave him to me he said 'I got you a turtle & I named him Sylar'. It's after the bad guy on "Heros". I haven't told my friend but if Sylar turns out to be a "she" then I'm changing the name to "Pickle"!
1.0.0 RES
1.0.0 Russian Tortoise
0.1.0 Eastern Box Turtle
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
0.1.0 Leopard Gecko
1.0.0 Pyxie Frog
0.1.0 White's Tree Frog
0.1.2 Parakeets
1.3.0 Dogs
0.1.0 Cat
User avatar
imderanged
 
Posts: 1824
Joined: Dec 25, 2007

Post Posted: Thu May 01, 2008 7:51 pm   

Hello! My husband found our turtle this week. He saved him from being crushed in a dist. company yard, no where near water. The little guy is the size of a quarter and his name is 'Tyrone' for the Erika Badu song, 'Call Tyrone'...He already has a dynamic personality!!![/b]
Louise
 
Posts: 3
Joined: May 1, 2008
Location: Tulsa Oklahoma

Post Posted: Thu May 01, 2008 8:04 pm   

I named my Turt TANK, s/he's only a hatchling about 2"
“Try to be like the turtle...at ease in your own shell”

1 RES: Tank
1 Cat: Tucker
1 Bristlenose Pleco: Cliff
Elsa&Tank
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Apr 1, 2008
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada

Post Posted: Wed May 07, 2008 8:39 am   

my turtles' names are Banane, kiwi, mangue, mure, papaye, goyave, citron, framboise, litchis, cerise, raisin.
names of fruit.
User avatar
bananekiwi
 
Posts: 89
Joined: May 6, 2008
Location: Paris (France)

Post Posted: Wed May 07, 2008 3:40 pm   

my signature says it too but i have a four year old male RES named Floyd, a two and half year old female named Shelly, and a one year old YES called Baby...because she's my baby and i don't want her to ever grow up she's so cute. Floyd is the smart-ass defiant one, shelly is super shy. that's it for me for now but i hope to have more turtles in the future ^^!
KameKo

3 Red-Eared Sliders: Floyd, Shelly & Baby.
2 Cats: Mr.Tibbles & Miji
2 Bunnies: Puffy & Chibi
1 Fiance :).
User avatar
KameKo
 
Posts: 46
Joined: May 1, 2008
Location: Elizabethtown, KY

Post Posted: Thu May 08, 2008 3:11 pm   

My Yellow-bellied Slider hatchling is named FinnAgain.

I had first purchased a Red-eared slider and named him Finnegan. But got him home and he wouldn't eat and didn't seem to be adjusting well to his new home. After about a week I brought him back to the pet shop and they took him back and replaced him with a YBS that was a little bit older and he/she has been doing great since then.

Hence the Finn...Again
Cheers!
User avatar
FinnAgain
 
Posts: 3
Joined: May 6, 2008
Location: New Bedford, MA

Post Posted: Sun May 11, 2008 2:42 am   

Ashlee, IDK why...
Hi
I'm Sagar. Please to meet you. Well, here are my pets

0.1.0 RES~Ashlee
2.1.0 Chorkies~Pluto, Taj, Shavani
1.1.1 African Dwarf Frogs~Nik, Nak, Tak
0.2.0 Welsummer hens~Peepers, Telia

Thats all folks!!
Turtle_Power
 
Posts: 12
Joined: May 11, 2008

Post Posted: Sun May 11, 2008 3:42 am   MooMoo's Baby

Hi i've recently joined... and my baby is probably 4-5 months not too sure. His name is SQUIRTTLE <3
MooMoo
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Apr 26, 2008

Post Posted: Thu May 15, 2008 12:14 pm   

Hi I am new. We named our turtles King Boo and Koopa! Lets just say we have been playing a lot of Mario Kart lately!!
Jen
2 RES
Koopa and King Boo!
1 Chihuhua~Josie
1 German Shepard/Collie mix~Ki-Adi Mundi
Lets get a turtle.
Soze82
 
Posts: 13
Joined: May 14, 2008
Location: Texas

Post Posted: Thu May 15, 2008 12:33 pm   

Wow, I've been here for nearly two years but never posted my turtle's names!
(Not that I haven't mentioned them enough :P)

Anyhow, my first RES was called Speedy, because he was so fast!!! About a year later, he got renamed as Ralpheal (wit da awsum spelin!) I guess because it fit him more, and I loved TMNT. He has been known as Ralph (pronouced "Raff") ever since.

My new turtle took me about a week to name. She was full grown when I got her, so I wanted to get a name that fit. Then I noticed how blue her eyes looked. That lead me to think: Ol' blue eyes? Sinatra? Frankie! It just really seemed to fit her ^_^
­Ralpheal, "The 'L' is silent."
Frankie, "Young at heart."
User avatar
BullDog
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3889
Joined: Jun 21, 2006
Location: BC, Canada

Post Posted: Sat May 17, 2008 8:57 pm   

Dudley, Dexter, Dizzy, Dude, Darwin, Dougie, Radar, Bowser, Tank, Speedy, Scooter, Rembrandt, Buddy, and 2 that don't have names yet.
Dale
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Oct 27, 2007
Location: British Columbia

PreviousNext

Return to Hi! Introduce yourselves here.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 92 guests