Hi! Introduce yourselves here. :: Hi

Drop a post to say hi. Please ask care questions in the forums below.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:35 pm   Hi

Hello turtle fans!!!!I am OPUS!or I am not opus,that's my turtles name.
Well I will come on here when I need help with my turtle!
Opus
 
Posts: 191
Joined: Jun 19, 2007

Post Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:56 pm   

Greetings Opus! Glad to have you on the forum. How long have you had Opus?
SpotsMama
User avatar
SpotsMama
Retired Mod
 
Posts: 8079
Joined: Jun 7, 2006
Location: Mesquite Texas

Post Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:32 pm   

Welcome! :D
User avatar
DavidY
 
Posts: 4391
Joined: Mar 9, 2007
Location: New Hampshire
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:48 pm   

Reminds me of Bloom County :)
User avatar
steve
Site Admin
 
Posts: 31583
Joined: Apr 11, 2005
Location: New York, NY
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:19 am   

I got him a week ago,I plan on getting a friend for him.The other babies were like hudleing up with him!I think he was the only male! :)
Opus
 
Posts: 191
Joined: Jun 19, 2007

Post Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:40 am   

I wouldn't recommend getting another turtle since there's a very good chance they won't get along when they get bigger and then you'll have to maintain two separate 120gal tanks. It can get very expensive. Also even if they didn't fight you would need a 200gal tank (or larger) to house the both of them as adults.

RES are solitary animals by nature, only coming together to compete for the best basking site. In captivity they can do fine by themselves. As long as you put some things in their tank to entertain them like a ping pong ball, a cup or tube to swim in/through (make sure they can't get stuck), an air bubbler that's set on a timer to come on several times a day, some feeder minnows, etc.

Edit: Never mind, I saw your post in the other section and see that you've already thought about this. :)
User avatar
DavidY
 
Posts: 4391
Joined: Mar 9, 2007
Location: New Hampshire
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:08 pm   

Ok,well fish or always a cheaper buddy.
1 Red eared slider turtle**Opus
1 Painted turt Picasso
2 cats**Maggie* new cat Andrew soon to be a 1 year old

RIP Hopper the cat 2002 May~2011 August 18th
Opus
 
Posts: 191
Joined: Jun 19, 2007


Return to Hi! Introduce yourselves here.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 91 guests