I found this site while looking for RES information. It is an awesome site, and by far my favorite of the bunch.
I purchased two baby red eared slider turtles at the beginning of May. Unfortunatly, I haven't named them yet! I have no clue if they are males or females, and I have too many names I like...I can't choose between them. Eventually, I will pick names though.
As for me, I have always loved turtles, so I was thrilled to finally get my own. I have my 55 gallon(long tank) set up in my room, with a heater, thermometer, and lots of fresh green plants. I also have part of the tank piled with aquarium gravel so they can get out, plus a peice of driftwood for them to climb on(they prefer the floating wood) They seem to love their home, they swim around, and watch me curiously when I am in the room. A couple times they mistaked my fingers for a large tasty worm....
I have many interests....I love to cook, sew, embroider, dance, swim, crochet, knit, draw, write, read, and make paperdolls! I also collect paperdolls. I love squirrels, and so I have a huge collection of squirrely sort of things. I have two cats, two red eared slider turtles, and lots of crickets(for my turtles to eat) I am the fifth of 9 kids. One of my brothers owned a painted turtle at one point(some of his friends recieved the turtle as a gift, and they didn't want it) My brother took the turtle, and cared for him, until he sneaked out of the pond and ran away! We are all still upset about it, because he was a perfectly wonderful turtle(his name was Waddle)
Well, there is a little about me, and what I like to do(and about my darling turtles)
I hope to get pictures of my turtles soon so I can post them.
God bless, Maplesquirrel
