Hi! Introduce yourselves here. :: New with 4 rescued babies

Drop a post to say hi. Please ask care questions in the forums below.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:54 pm   New with 4 rescued babies

Hi all, I just rescued 4 babies from a toilet death. I was interviewing at a vets office when an angry mom came in wanting to dispose of her son's turtles. So needless to say I am not prepared for them at all. From what I can gather two of them are turquoise or pastel red eared sliders and two are hypo yellow bellied sliders. They are about the size of a half dollar. I have grown up with turtles all of my life, just didn't have any up until 2 hours ago.

Never had ones so tiny before either! I'm looking forward to asking my many questions over the life of these little guys.

Cheers!
Logan
lamazanec
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mar 20, 2014
Gender: Female

Post Posted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:31 pm   Re: New with 4 rescued babies

Welcome to the forum!! Wow! Talk about jumping in head first. It was a very wonderful thing for you to do.
My gal was an unexpected addition to the home, so I understand feeling a bit overwhelmed. I don't know much about little guys and gals, but there are plenty of people on here that do. The General Care Discussion is where you will find a lot of answers. Of course, the main site has tons of Info as well.
"I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights"
~ "Yertle the Turtle and Other Stories" by Dr. Seuss ~
User avatar
penelope
 
Posts: 1393
Joined: Oct 17, 2007
Location: San Jose, California
Gender: Female

Post Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:28 pm   Re: New with 4 rescued babies

Welcome to the site! Congrats on the rescue.
User avatar
steve
Site Admin
 
Posts: 31583
Joined: Apr 11, 2005
Location: New York, NY
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:12 pm   Re: New with 4 rescued babies

Wow 4 now that's pretty cool. We love pictures!!
1 Male Mississippi Map/Mississippi
1 Female RES/Slidy.
1 DBT White Concentric Female/ Lucky
1 DBT Male/ Spots
(Housed in the same tank)

300 gallon indoor stock tank, FX6 & FX5 filters. Mega-Ray 100w UVB bulb.
User avatar
Kansasslider
 
Posts: 3043
Joined: May 10, 2012
Location: Manhattan,Kansas.
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:50 pm   Re: New with 4 rescued babies

lamazanec wrote:I was interviewing at a vets office when an angry mom came in wanting to dispose of her son's turtles.

I would hate my mom if she tried to make me throw my baby turtles down a toilet, but luckily for me my mom is an animal lover and is strongly against any sort of cruelty towards animals, welcome to the forums! I am pretty new here as well.
MyTurtleMartina
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Feb 23, 2014
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL.
Gender: Male


Return to Hi! Introduce yourselves here.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 109 guests