Hi! Introduce yourselves here. :: Hello!

Drop a post to say hi. Please ask care questions in the forums below.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:41 am   Hello!

Hi all. I'm fairly new to taking care of a turtle, though I've loved them my entire life. I got my turtle while in Destin, Florida on vacation. Several shops were selling turtle hatchlings, so I brought one home with me. After bringing him home I read that this was illegal? That was in August and so far he is doing well! I refer to him as a "he" since he is too young to definitively tell his sex. His name is Squirtle. I believe he is a yellow bellied slider but maybe not? I'd really like to give my turtle the best home possible. So far, I have a 10 gallon tank but I'm hopefully moving soon and can get a bigger one. He also eats well and is lively. He's probably 3 inches from the tip of his nose to his tail. I would love suggestions on what to do better or what to start doing.

A bit about me: My name is Sarah. I'm 23, full-time student and mother (3 year old girl). I will graduate in December with an AAS in Early Childhood Education. I'm currently student teaching and I love my preschoolers. I'm from St. Louis.
Attachments
squirtle.jpg
Saristotle
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Nov 22, 2012
Gender: Female

Post Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:35 am   Re: Hello!

welcome! post more pics, we're happy to meet the lil guy.
FAREWELL DUMBORK
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=36799

follow my blog: dumbork.wordpress.com
youtube: pawii29

pictures and video
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=32931
User avatar
dumbork14
 
Posts: 761
Joined: Jun 18, 2012
Gender: Female

Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:48 am   Re: Hello!

Welcome to the site!
User avatar
steve
Site Admin
 
Posts: 31583
Joined: Apr 11, 2005
Location: New York, NY
Gender: Male


Return to Hi! Introduce yourselves here.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 111 guests