Hi! Introduce yourselves here. :: Hello from Erwin, Tennessee

Drop a post to say hi. Please ask care questions in the forums below.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:06 pm   Hello from Erwin, Tennessee

Hi, I'm a college student and just bought 2 hatchling RES about a month ago to keep in the dorm with me. They are named Bailey and Davinci. However when i bought them i didn't know much and the place was kind of gross that i got them from. But just this week, Bailey died of an RI that i was trying to treat. So, I got another turtle to keep Davinci company and named him Leonardo. Both are about 1 1/2" and seem to be doing ok. If any of you guys from around the NE TN or SW VA area know of any good places for turtles i would really appreciate it. I tried to find a herp vet for bailey but didn't find one until the day she died.

This is such a great site for a new owner and I'm sure I'll be using it quite often. I dont want to have to bury another one so quickly.
Try to be like the turtle -- at ease in your own shell.

Davinci and Leonardo <3
TNTurtles
 
Posts: 196
Joined: Mar 19, 2006
Location: Erwin, TN

Post Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:31 pm   

here's a picture of both of them. Leo's the one on the left with the straight shell and Davinci is on the right with the crooked shell. It took me forever to get Leo to sit on the island for just a second. He's still a bit shy. :D

Image
Try to be like the turtle -- at ease in your own shell.

Davinci and Leonardo <3
TNTurtles
 
Posts: 196
Joined: Mar 19, 2006
Location: Erwin, TN

Post Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:51 pm   

Welcome to the forum. I suggest reading up on all the info that's found here on the forum and the main site as well. There's a lot to learn in taking care of RES. What is the rest of their setup like? :)
~~~Sonja~~~
sonyj
 
Posts: 1930
Joined: Jul 3, 2005
Location: Tennessee
Gender: Female

Post Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:56 pm   

Welcome! I wish I would have been allowed to have turts in my dorm room when I was in school. Then again, they take a lot of space that I didn't have. I didn't know what I was getting into when I ended up with two turts at the same time. So far I haven't had to seperate them for aggression, but it's something that I am constantly keeping my eyes open for.

What is your set-up like?
Missi

2 RES, 1 cat, and a spoiled rotten pug.
missibsu
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3040
Joined: Aug 29, 2005
Location: Ohio

Post Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:08 am   

Welcome neighbor!
8 RES: Tampa, Bay, Exclamation (Male R.I.P. 2-10-07), Question-mark, Tiny Tim, Pan Handle (Male), Squirt, & Crush.

KI4JAV

www.notyourdaddysguncases.com
User avatar
TinySlider2
 
Posts: 463
Joined: Jul 30, 2005
Location: Tennessee


Return to Hi! Introduce yourselves here.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 63 guests