Hi! Introduce yourselves here. :: My Red Ears

Drop a post to say hi. Please ask care questions in the forums below.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:19 am   My Red Ears

I recently released the greatest pair of RES into the wild. The female, she surpassed a foot, required both hands to hold. Cannibal Dragon, devourer of her own eggs. The male was also quite impressive: Jumbo Phish, the 24/7 swimmer. They went to a preserve last year, down in Florida. Ran into a pond and never looked back.

Currently proud owner of six
Two babies and two young-lings. Also a pair of Chinese Golden Threads.
1. Zombie - has very distinctive spots I hope stick around when its shell gets darker.
2. Venom - a recluse. Out of sight until feeding time.
3. Crash - my main man. Gets along with everyone.
4. Dash - a hisser, biter, and introvert.
5. Ace - called "the most polite turtle ever" by my brother. Agreed. Even my ma loves him--and reptiles freak her out.
6. King Koppa - latest addition. Like Ace, a CGT turtle, thought he slides like a red ear whenever I pass by.

Gender-wise, your guess is as good as mine.
Last edited by Tito on Thu May 10, 2012 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Tito
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Feb 22, 2012
Location: Future State of New York City
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:27 am   Re: My Red Ears

Hi, welcome to the site.

It's never a good idea to release captive turtles into the wild. As for keeping multiple turtles together, they should be of similar size.
User avatar
steve
Site Admin
 
Posts: 31583
Joined: Apr 11, 2005
Location: New York, NY
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:20 am   Re: My Red Ears

Over 12inches?! WOW! Had to be pond kept. I don't think I've ever seen an aquarium RES that big!

Any pictures?
Name/Type/Sex: Yoshi/Cumberland Slider/Female
Age/Shell Size: 8 yrs/SCL 7 inches (03/05/12)
Tank Size: 40g Breeder
User avatar
stopgaming
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Feb 17, 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:35 am   Re: My Red Ears

Heh-heh, nope. Aquarium, unless I had to clean the tank, which was often. Then, I'd let them have free reign in the apartment. I'll get some photos up soon.
User avatar
Tito
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Feb 22, 2012
Location: Future State of New York City
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:00 am   Re: My Red Ears

Nice!

Must have been a 120+ gallon tank?
Name/Type/Sex: Yoshi/Cumberland Slider/Female
Age/Shell Size: 8 yrs/SCL 7 inches (03/05/12)
Tank Size: 40g Breeder
User avatar
stopgaming
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Feb 17, 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:31 pm   Re: My Red Ears

Funny you should ask, over the years I got bigger and bigger tanks. Started with 10g, then 20H, then 20, then 30, and so on. But (I know, I know) I never hit triple digits.
I swear the crayfish gave her a growth spurt.
User avatar
Tito
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Feb 22, 2012
Location: Future State of New York City
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:15 am   Re: My Red Ears

Do you serve the crayfish live?
Name/Type/Sex: Yoshi/Cumberland Slider/Female
Age/Shell Size: 8 yrs/SCL 7 inches (03/05/12)
Tank Size: 40g Breeder
User avatar
stopgaming
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Feb 17, 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:22 pm   Re: My Red Ears

Yep. And only for the first time less than a year ago. from local pet shop.
User avatar
Tito
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Feb 22, 2012
Location: Future State of New York City
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Tue May 01, 2012 12:24 am   Re: My Red Ears

added Golden Thread turtles to my cold blooded family. My little ones are now separated from the juveniles and living with my Old Man.
User avatar
Tito
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Feb 22, 2012
Location: Future State of New York City
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Tue May 01, 2012 5:22 pm   Re: My Red Ears

Looking forward to pics!
User avatar
steve
Site Admin
 
Posts: 31583
Joined: Apr 11, 2005
Location: New York, NY
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Wed May 02, 2012 3:14 pm   Re: My Red Ears

Image
Zombie & Venom using Crash as their basking spot.
Image
Crash with Ace
Image
Crash crashing
User avatar
Tito
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Feb 22, 2012
Location: Future State of New York City
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Wed May 02, 2012 6:35 pm   Re: My Red Ears

Aww, nice pics :)
User avatar
RosesNKeeks
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Oct 10, 2011
Location: Delaware County, PA
Gender: Female

Post Posted: Wed May 02, 2012 9:37 pm   Re: My Red Ears

They look nice to me too!
User avatar
steve
Site Admin
 
Posts: 31583
Joined: Apr 11, 2005
Location: New York, NY
Gender: Male


Return to Hi! Introduce yourselves here.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 80 guests