Hi! Introduce yourselves here. :: Hello

Drop a post to say hi. Please ask care questions in the forums below.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:07 pm   Hello

In all these years, it never came to mind for me to look up a turtle site although it can't hurt.
Recently dad dumped two of his office baby RES onto me, he bought them in china town in one of those small mobile plastic containers
when he placed them on the kitchen, I thought they were dead. He said, he has no idea when they last ate, the water was cold, no light, heat, or
dry area. I've been caring for them, one eventually passed away. Not sure why he bought them in the first place...these aren't the first set of turtles either.
I have another set of 6 that was given to me by a friend, who was moving to another country, didn't want to deal with paper work, and couldn't find anyone
that wanted turtles. Along with some money for the first year, 2 50gal tanks, and a box of cuttle bone. I'm planning to have a pond built, when my parents move
in about 3 years. I thought they were regular common, everyday turtle owners have. I was wrong.
AspiredApple
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Apr 9, 2012

Post Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:58 pm   Re: Hello

Welcome to the site! Turtles are not an easy or cheap pet but can be very rewarding. Looking forward to learning more about your RES. :)
User avatar
steve
Site Admin
 
Posts: 31583
Joined: Apr 11, 2005
Location: New York, NY
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:37 pm   Re: Hello

Yea, I learned that early on. One of the turtles my friend gave me was female and was
getting kinda big had to sell that one off, because I didn't want to move my pythons into a plastic tub.
I'm just hoping they don't attack Dad's koi once we get the pond built, and they move in. While now,
we do have a large pond in the backyard, that's netted however there's a Great Blue Heron that comes every once in a while to
harass the fish. I decided to wait until we move before giving the turts a pond.
AspiredApple
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Apr 9, 2012

Post Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:26 pm   Re: Hello

Welcome to the Forum!
"I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights"
~ "Yertle the Turtle and Other Stories" by Dr. Seuss ~
User avatar
penelope
 
Posts: 1393
Joined: Oct 17, 2007
Location: San Jose, California
Gender: Female


Return to Hi! Introduce yourselves here.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 85 guests