Page 1 of 1
a croaking sound...

Posted:
Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:53 pm
by steve
my female RES just made a series of croaking sounds... it's between a beep and a croak. the sound is emitted when she's closing her mouth... it's a very short sound. she would then make a random croak... this all happened outside.
any idea what this is?


Posted:
Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:41 pm
by marisa
Is this the turt that had the mucus? And there are no other symptoms? I really don't know what it is...Would you consider having her checked out?

Posted:
Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:31 pm
by steve
Yes, she's the one with the mucus. I've noticed that she produces it only when basking for a few hours. The croaking doesn't have me too worried, but I'm still looking for a good vet... been abit busy lately.

Posted:
Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:28 pm
by IshMaster
I really don't know what I am talking about but my turtle made the same noises and did the mucas deal and I looked it up and it said something about a Vitamin A Deficiency and Respitory (sp?) Problem. So I increased the heat and fed her some carrots and she seems to be fine now. But really I'm not sure. (Got the advice on how to fix the problems here from marisa. Thanks again! =D)

Posted:
Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:32 pm
by TexasJagsFan
Could it be a mating thing?
Re: a croaking sound...

Posted:
Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:50 am
by UniversityGirl
You ever figure out what the croaking noise was?

Re: a croaking sound...

Posted:
Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:08 am
by steve
I'm thinking that she was just a little dehydrated as I sometimes put her outside for a few hours. I don't fully recall it happening recently.