Page 1 of 1

My Midland Painted, Boy or Girl ?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:25 pm
by myahs_mommy
Hello All,
I have not posted in a long time, I am trying to figure out if my Midland painted is a boy or a girl. He is about 5 inches long and about 2-3 years old. I adopted him 2 years ago. We are calling him Bill so I am hoping he is a boy ! It is hard to get pictures as he (or she) never stops moving ! Thanks for the help !!





Image
Image
Image
Image

Re: My Midland Painted, Boy or Girl ?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:33 pm
by SSMcLeod
Pictures are blury so hard to tell... but looks male

Re: My Midland Painted, Boy or Girl ?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:35 pm
by steve
Looks like you have a boy!

Re: My Midland Painted, Boy or Girl ?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:54 pm
by marisa
Can you get some better pics? I have male Eastern Painteds about the same size as yours and their nails look much longer than your Midland's in the pic. Can you get a pic of the underside of the tail showing the cloaca?

Re: My Midland Painted, Boy or Girl ?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:56 pm
by myahs_mommy
Hope these are better.


Image
Image
Image

Re: My Midland Painted, Boy or Girl ?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:07 pm
by steve
Correction, looks like you have a girl!

Re: My Midland Painted, Boy or Girl ?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:02 am
by myahs_mommy
Wow a girl !!! Poor turtle I have been calling "her" a boy !! How big do the girl painted turtles get, I have seen about 10 inches ?

Re: My Midland Painted, Boy or Girl ?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:39 am
by Diamondbacks4Life
Yep you have a girl and seeing as its a girl you can expect to see her get around 7inches

Re: My Midland Painted, Boy or Girl ?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:09 pm
by marisa
With the cloaca that close to the shell, you have a female (a nice looking female :D).