Page 1 of 1

Anyone at Jersey Shore that can take in RES?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:09 am
by JerseyShoreTurtle
Hi – My family owns a red eared pond slider that’s about 6 to 7 inches in size. He’s a male. Seems very healthy and eats like a pig :).

Unfortunately, my family can no longer take care of him the way that he deserves. Many of us are away from our house for extended periods of time and don’t often have the time to clean his aquarium frequently. And also he’s beginning to outgrown his tank but we don’t have room for a larger one.

So we were wondering if anyone on the Jersey Shore would be willing to take him in and give him a great home? We certainly don’t want to let him go at a lake because he could upset the ecosystem or not survive, but we also don’t want him to be unhappy living the way he is.

Again, if anyone on the Jersey Shore can open their heart of to another turtle, we would be so grateful!

Thanks for your time!

Re: Anyone at Jersey Shore that can take in RES?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:02 am
by jozzep
I really hope you find someone....
It's hard to re-home an 8" RES. I'm in the area, but i don't keep RES anymore.

Re: Anyone at Jersey Shore that can take in RES?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:27 pm
by marisa
There are (or at least were) some turtle/reptile rescues in N.J. Try to do a search for them.

Re: Anyone at Jersey Shore that can take in RES?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:09 pm
by JerseyShoreTurtle
Thanks so much for the responses! I know it's going to be tough :(. And I did contact some reptile rescues in my area but no response yet.

Appreciate the help!

Re: Anyone at Jersey Shore that can take in RES?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:38 pm
by Spike 7.62
Where abouts are you exactly? I'm two islands south of where they film that stupid show, so I'm about as "jersey shore" area as it gets.

-Spike

Re: Anyone at Jersey Shore that can take in RES?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:46 pm
by JerseyShoreTurtle
Spike 7.62 wrote:Where abouts are you exactly? I'm two islands south of where they film that stupid show, so I'm about as "jersey shore" area as it gets.

-Spike


I'm North a bit, in Monmouth County, right near Asbury Park.

Re: Anyone at Jersey Shore that can take in RES?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:22 pm
by Spike 7.62
Ill ask around, I know a few folks around ocean county. Also, try the fauna classifieds forum. Make sure to mention he's free, hopefully someone will be able. Good luck.

-Spike

Re: Anyone at Jersey Shore that can take in RES?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:24 pm
by JerseyShoreTurtle
Appreciate it!!