Other Turtle Discussion :: Basking Area

Non-care related topics here.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:32 am   Basking Area

So, I am looking to get my turtle a 20 to 30 gallon tank. I was looking at basking areas. What do you guys think?
David Alvarado
Rio Grande Daddy
davialva12@aim.com
davidthegreat
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Feb 19, 2010
Location: North Georgia

Post Posted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:34 am   

i think it really depends on the size of your turtle.
I like turtles ;]
Sir Max
 
Posts: 534
Joined: Feb 23, 2010
Location: Canada

Post Posted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:30 am   

He is about an inch and a half, but I would like to get a large platform.

I was looking at the Exo Terra Turtle Bank Magnetic. It looks good. Has anyone ever used it? And also I wanted to get him a turtle hut. Is that a good idea for a water turtle?
David Alvarado
Rio Grande Daddy
davialva12@aim.com
davidthegreat
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Feb 19, 2010
Location: North Georgia

Post Posted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:25 pm   

i don't think the turtle hut is useful for a water turtle like yours.
Check out my blog at: http://turtleaffairs.wordpress.com/
Tank #1:
~Charlie - 4 inch male RES
Tank #2:
~Charlotte - 6 inch female RES
worldpeace
 
Posts: 611
Joined: Jun 29, 2009
Location: Canada
Gender: Female

Post Posted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:23 pm   

I have a turtle hut, which I purchased for some baby snappers I was caring for to give them a place to hide. I don't know if yours is the same kind/brand, but I can tell you that once the one I have was in water for a while, the paint started peeling off.
"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." -Antoine de Saint Exupery-
marisa
Retired Mod
 
Posts: 12993
Joined: Apr 21, 2005
Location: CT, USA

Post Posted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:43 pm   

Well if your looking for a decent size dock then that would definatly give your turtle more room to walk around and you would be prepared for the future and wouldnt have to upgrade anytime soon


EDIT: How much water do you have in your tank?
I like turtles ;]
Sir Max
 
Posts: 534
Joined: Feb 23, 2010
Location: Canada


Return to Other Turtle Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 184 guests