Other Turtle Discussion :: Caught!

Non-care related topics here.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:36 pm   Caught!

Greetings, turtle-lovers :D

I didn't have a run-away turtle on my hands, just a boyfriend who was finally caught allowing my Speedy into his heart in spite of himself.

My insistence on keeping "non-traditional" pets has baffled many of my friends and partners over the years - I used to keep rats as well, but their short life spans were too much for me to take. When I acquired Speedy, my boyfriend saw no value in having her as a pet and could not see how a turtle could have personality and loveability. He began to watch her more and more, though, and started to become amused at her behaviors. He could not believe it when I showed him how Speedy recognizes both the Repto-Min bottle and the white plastic bucket I feed her in. Then he started wanting to be the one to feed her when he came over to my house. Yesterday, as he was hand-feeding her in the bucket, I stepped out for a minute and when I came back, I actually caught him talking to her in the same type of idiotic, baby-type talk I use with my pets (I know Speedy probably can't even hear, but that doesn't matter). A new turtle-lover is born!

This post might seem trivial, but having my friends share my interest in and love for Speedy makes me VERY happy.

The next step is trying to extend that love towards helping me purchase that dream setup that I have in mind for Speedy :wink:

Peace

Cheryl
CherylH
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Mar 4, 2012
Gender: Female

Post Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:13 pm   Re: Caught!

Great story, thanks for posting! I think we all share a similar start and no one ever expects them to have so much personality.
User avatar
steve
Site Admin
 
Posts: 31583
Joined: Apr 11, 2005
Location: New York, NY
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:27 am   Re: Caught!

my gf used to hate snakes till i showed her how cool they are :)
DarkGenoc1de on Playstation Network
SINI5T3R
 
Posts: 1570
Joined: Feb 26, 2010
Location: Casa Grande, Arizona
Gender: Male


Return to Other Turtle Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 116 guests