Photo Gallery :: Coca a 1 yr old male

The place to post your photos and pictures.
Winter Photo Contest Winner :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:40 am   Coca a 1 yr old male

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
1 Female RES 6 in.
4'x2-1/2'x2' Tank
1 Mangrove Monitor 3.5 ft
10'x10'x6' Enclosure
User avatar
akaghettoraver
 
Posts: 179
Joined: Sep 28, 2006
Location: Honduras

Post Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:59 am   

Nice looking RES! Though looking at those front nails, and that short tail, I'd hazard a guess that "he" might be a "she" ;)

Looks like her shell is starting to pyramid a bit. What's her diet like?
­Ralpheal, "The 'L' is silent."
Frankie, "Young at heart."
User avatar
BullDog
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3889
Joined: Jun 21, 2006
Location: BC, Canada

Post Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:51 pm   

"He" is definitely a she :) She's beautiful but slightly pyramiding!

X2 AKITA
X2 R.E. SLIDER


Respect
ALL beings.
User avatar
Arisu
 
Posts: 450
Joined: Jul 31, 2008
Location: Northern California, USA

Post Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:35 pm   

pretty
4 RES Babies - Precious, Angel, Sweetie, and Butters
1 Spiny Softie Baby - Noodles
4 Paddle tail newts - Sock, Spot, Dots, and Rex
User avatar
ChocoTurtle
 
Posts: 803
Joined: Jun 20, 2008
Location: Southern California

Post Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:07 pm   

Looks like a girl to me, but the pics are a bit fuzzy.
~Christi
1.0 RES: Mikey R.I.P.
1.0 Het for Albino Red Tail Boa: Kaa ~adopted out
0.0.1 Northern BTS: Petri ~now a well-loved class pet

1.0 Am. Staff Mix: Brutus R.I.P.
1.0 German Shepherd: Pax

1.0 Husband: Will
0.1 Daughter: Lily
User avatar
untsmurf
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4291
Joined: Jul 28, 2007
Location: Carrollton, TX
Gender: Female

Post Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:14 pm   

sorry I suck at taking pics, and yeah I think I was so hopeful for a guy this time that I over looked the claws a bit. I had a female before and she was a beast. But, this isn't so bad I have alot of room for her and maybe in a couple of years I could try the breeding thing. I wouldn't try that with my monitor but maybe with a RES. They monitor is a dilecate touch and I don't think I have the time and space for two full grow monitors and then ten hatchlings. Thanks for the feed back. Being about a year old and just under 4" it seems to me she is growing at a good rate, oh I saw a thread where someone mentioned excessive spacing on the shell. Do you guys notice that at all and how do you tell. As you can tell I was probably lucky at riasing my first hatchling as I notice now I made alot of mistakes. Thanks again
1 Female RES 6 in.
4'x2-1/2'x2' Tank
1 Mangrove Monitor 3.5 ft
10'x10'x6' Enclosure
User avatar
akaghettoraver
 
Posts: 179
Joined: Sep 28, 2006
Location: Honduras

Post Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:38 pm   

I love how they stick their feet up when they bask.
-robind
robind
 
Posts: 289
Joined: Oct 26, 2008
Location: santa cruz


Return to Photo Gallery

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 164 guests