Photo Gallery :: you're about to fall in love...

The place to post your photos and pictures.
Winter Photo Contest Winner :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:15 am   you're about to fall in love...

R.I.P. sega...I can't believe you're gone...I hope that wherever you are up in uro heaven you know how much I love you and miss you :cry:

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
NOMMM!

Image

Image

this is the new house I was building for sega just before he passed away
...
Image
Last edited by briannashea on Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
0.2.0 Canis lupus familiaris
1.0.0 Trachemys scripta elegans
1.0.0 Rhacodactylus ciliatus

---> www.briannashearusso.com <---
User avatar
briannashea
 
Posts: 270
Joined: Aug 7, 2008
Location: pennsylvania

Post Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:33 am   

HOW ADORABLE IS HE!!!!!!??????????? Does his tail feel prickly?
1 Male RES, 16 yrs. "Krueger"
1 Female Central American Wood Turtle
2 Dogs
3 Cats
User avatar
mzkitty23
 
Posts: 590
Joined: May 25, 2008
Location: Texas

Post Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:49 am   

haha thank you :) I'm a very proud momma
and yes his tail's very prickly! he's so tiny now but mali uros grow to about 14" long and his tail will be at least 2" thick by then and the spikes will grow and be harder once they're done growing. each spike is on a different plate like a suit of armor and they sleep in the desert with their tail at the opening of their burrow so if a predator comes along they whip their spiny tail at it! and I bet it hurts! but they rarely bite and he lets me practically stick my fingers in his mouth without even fidgeting.
0.2.0 Canis lupus familiaris
1.0.0 Trachemys scripta elegans
1.0.0 Rhacodactylus ciliatus

---> www.briannashearusso.com <---
User avatar
briannashea
 
Posts: 270
Joined: Aug 7, 2008
Location: pennsylvania

Post Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:54 am   

OMG HE IS SO CUTE! I love his face, and the rest of him too! What a great looking addition to your pet family.
Tracie
1 2yr male RES Buddy
1 fat female cat Missy
1 fluffy male cat Joey
1 husband Kyle
http://s247.photobucket.com/albums/gg160/RESnTX/
RESnTX
 
Posts: 534
Joined: Feb 3, 2008
Location: Houston, Tx

Post Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:56 am   

OMG before I scrolled down and I just saw his head, I thought he was a plastic T-rex toy!!!

soooo cool
1.0.0 RES
1.0.0 Russian Tortoise
0.1.0 Eastern Box Turtle
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
0.1.0 Leopard Gecko
1.0.0 Pyxie Frog
0.1.0 White's Tree Frog
0.1.2 Parakeets
1.3.0 Dogs
0.1.0 Cat
User avatar
imderanged
 
Posts: 1824
Joined: Dec 25, 2007

Post Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:58 am   

haha yep yep I thought I had to inform the herp community about these awesome agamids, they're surprisingly easy to take care of so if anyone's looking into a new pet purchase I highly recommend uromastyxes!!
0.2.0 Canis lupus familiaris
1.0.0 Trachemys scripta elegans
1.0.0 Rhacodactylus ciliatus

---> www.briannashearusso.com <---
User avatar
briannashea
 
Posts: 270
Joined: Aug 7, 2008
Location: pennsylvania

Post Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:10 am   

Wow hes pretty cute..
2 RES Squirtle and Screw..
..Russian Tortoise Big Moe
User avatar
ScrewZoo
 
Posts: 1025
Joined: Jul 18, 2008
Location: Dallas, Texas

Post Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:15 am   

I so want one!!
3 RES : Comet , Einstein, Lotte
2 Leopard Geckos : Jake and Jenny
1 Bichon Frise : Mike

I'm not scared of the dark, I'm scared of whats in it.
User avatar
Lantic
 
Posts: 345
Joined: Sep 15, 2008
Location: California, Orange County

Post Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:29 am   

I was skeptical when I opened the topic, but he's amazingly adorable. And his ET head is the cutest thing I think I've ever seen.
That picture of him eating is priceless, he looks like a little dinosaur!!
2 RES: Leo (f) and Ezra (m)
1 Russian Tortoise: Godzilla (m)
User avatar
megcornell
Retired Mod
 
Posts: 3206
Joined: Apr 30, 2006
Location: New York, NY

Post Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:10 am   

cute
------------------------

R.I.P: Palovon, Churchill,fatso, Herculas
User avatar
turtlelover818
 
Posts: 749
Joined: Mar 2, 2008
Location: Glendale,ca

Post Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:14 am   

megcornell wrote:I was skeptical when I opened the topic, but he's amazingly adorable. And his ET head is the cutest thing I think I've ever seen.
That picture of him eating is priceless, he looks like a little dinosaur!!


now you see why I fell in love with him at first sight - I went to the store to buy either a crested or leopard gecko and wound up adopting him on the spot. I love his little squished t-rex head, too :)
0.2.0 Canis lupus familiaris
1.0.0 Trachemys scripta elegans
1.0.0 Rhacodactylus ciliatus

---> www.briannashearusso.com <---
User avatar
briannashea
 
Posts: 270
Joined: Aug 7, 2008
Location: pennsylvania

Post Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:26 am   

i'm jealous.

he's adorable!
Proud owner of Gnarles and Little Foot.
User avatar
pajamatree
 
Posts: 221
Joined: Oct 2, 2008
Location: South Carolina

Post Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:06 am   

he is super adorable! 14" WOW! What is their average life expectancy? His little head is adorable!
1 Male RES, 16 yrs. "Krueger"
1 Female Central American Wood Turtle
2 Dogs
3 Cats
User avatar
mzkitty23
 
Posts: 590
Joined: May 25, 2008
Location: Texas

Post Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:29 am   

well they have only been imported to the US and sold as pets for MAYBE 30 years or so (plus there are 17 subspecies, some which grow to 3 feet long, that might have different expectancy) and when they first started being kept in captivity owners didn't have enough care information on them so all the early imports died out for the most part. I've heard they live at least 25 years in the wild but in captivity it's still a guessing game as they're so new to the exotic pet trade and it's still hard to get good info on their care even on the internet. I've been searching around and I haven't come across any uro older than 5 years in captivity so far.
0.2.0 Canis lupus familiaris
1.0.0 Trachemys scripta elegans
1.0.0 Rhacodactylus ciliatus

---> www.briannashearusso.com <---
User avatar
briannashea
 
Posts: 270
Joined: Aug 7, 2008
Location: pennsylvania

Post Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:00 pm   

haha i'm jealous!
you have a pet dinosaur :]
2 RES- Squirtle and Blastoise
6 dogs- Max Cooper Abby, Oscar, Sparky, Reebok
1 White's Tree Frog
1 Tiger Salamander- Remington
1 Hamster- Rhino
User avatar
xfueledbykatie
 
Posts: 649
Joined: Mar 16, 2008
Location: MPLS, Minnesota!

Next

Return to Photo Gallery

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 169 guests